Bali is one of the most-visited tourist destinations in the world. With mystical landscapes and friendly locals, the Indonesian province of Bali attracts thousands of tourists to its shores every year. Indians love Bali and go there for vacations, honeymoons, and sightseeing.
If you are wondering, is travel insurance mandatory for Bali? No, it is not mandatory but is recommended strongly. When you visit a foreign land, you need to be prepared to handle financial and medical emergencies that can come unannounced. A travel insurance Bali policy is designed to provide coverage against such emergencies while visiting the beautiful island of Bali.
Bali offers a range of experiences to travellers. It is not just about white sand beaches. You can experience the Bali Swing, trek to Mount Batur, explore the Safari and Marine Park on the island, visit the Tegallalang rice terraces, explore the Ubud monkey forest, and take part in a host of activities.
7 Benefits of Travel Insurance Bali
A travel policy ensures that if you get injured or fall ill or lose your baggage or face any emergency, then the costs of handling the emergency are borne by the insurer. Here are seven benefits of buying a travel insurance plan for Bali.
- Offers peace of mind – When you buy a travel insurance policy for Bali, then you can be assured of the insurer reimbursing any costs if you were to face an emergency. This allows you to be worry-free and enjoy your trip completely.
- Assistance in medical emergencies – When you travel abroad and face a medical emergency, you need assistance in getting immediate medical attention. Also, the costs of medical treatment and hospitalisation can be high. With a travel policy, the insurer covers the medical expenses and assists you in getting immediate medical attention.
- Compensation for mishaps – If the insured person dies due to a mishap while travelling, then the travel insurance Bali offers compensation to the nominee. The compensation is made for mishaps like accidental death, disability, and repatriation to India.
- Exigency coverage – Bali travel insurance plan also offers coverage for other exigencies like the loss of baggage and/or documentation and trip cancellations or modifications. The baggage insurance cover reimburses the cost of the belongings in your checked-in baggage if it is lost.
- Multi-trip policy – Many insurers offer a multi-trip insurance policy if you are a frequent traveller to the island location.
- Cashless settlement of claims – Most travel insurance policies offer cashless claim settlement allowing you to handle the emergency in a hassle-free manner.
- Insurance plan designed for Bali – Insurers decide on the sum insured based on the destination. For Bali, you can be assured of the optimum sum insured to cover you from any emergency.
Some Essential Information for Your Bali Trip
- Indians travelling to Bali do not need a visa if their trip is for 30 days or less.
- Insurers tend to reject claims for medical procedures that are not urgent in nature and can be delayed until to get back to India.
- Some travel insurance policies do not cover the costs of dental treatments unless initiated due to an accident.
- Address: Gama Tower, 28th floor, Jl. HR. Rasuna Said Kav. C22, Karet Kuningan, Setiabudi, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta 12940.
- Contact Number: +62 21 2522299
- Email: [email protected]
- Working hours: Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm and 1.15 pm to 5.15 pm
International Airports in Bali
- Soekarno Hatta (CGK) – Jakarta
- Juanda (SUB) – Surabaya
- Kualanamu (KNO) – Medan
- Ngurah Rai (DPS) – Bali
- Hang Nadim (BTH) – Batam
The official currency of Bali is the Indonesian Rupiah. However, the US Dollar is also accepted by many businesses.
Bali is a destination that is on the travel list of most Indians. Steeped in nature, splendid sculptures, paintings, mesmerising music and dance forms, and a rich culture makes it a must-visit destination. However, while travelling to Bali, it is important to ensure that you are protected against medical and other travel-related emergencies by purchasing the best travel insurance for Bali designed for Bali.
Many insurers offer such plans. Before buying travel insurance for Bali from India, compare insurers and policies and choose the one that offers the most comprehensive coverage at an affordable cost. With the right travel insurance plan, you can enjoy your time in Bali in a worry-free manner.